Effective: March 24, 2018
FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, ALL INFORMATION STORED IN YOUR FILLR PROFILE IS ENCRYPTED ON YOUR DEVICE USING MILITARY-GRADE 256-BIT AES ENCRYPTION. OUR TECHNOLOGY (INCLUDING OUR SERVERS) CANNOT ACCESS ANY OF YOUR INFORMATION STORED WITHIN YOUR FILLR PROFILE, AND WE CANNOT, AND DO NOT, COLLECT ANY OF YOUR INFORMATION STORED WITHIN YOUR FILLR PROFILE, OTHER THAN YOUR EMAIL AND THE LIMITED, NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION DETAILED BELOW.
How is your information stored in your Fillr Profile?
Depending on which Fillr Product you use, when you sign up for a Fillr Profile, you will be asked:
- for your first and last name and your email address (when you set up your Fillr Profile by downloading the Fillr iOS or Android mobile applications); and
- to set up a PIN (when you set up your Fillr Profile by installing the Fillr extension within your mobile or desktop browser).
Once registered, the rest of your information may be stored in your Fillr Profile when you:
- manually input those details into the relevant field in your Fillr Profile so it’s ready for when you use the Fillr Product to autofill an online form;
- authorize us to extract your information from your Google account (if applicable); or
- input new information into an online form and sign up for, or use, your Fillr Profile on that form.
All information input into your Fillr Profile is encrypted and stored on your device using military-grade 256-bit AES encryption.
Once registered, your Fillr Profile is assigned an anonymized unique user ID for our internal purposes, which is the name we give to your Fillr Profile – sorry, it’s not very personal, but that’s the whole point! We can’t tell who you are based on the information we can see! This unique user ID is not connected with your name, address, phone number, email, credit card number or any personally identifiable information stored in your Fillr Profile.
What information do we collect?
We need to be able to communicate with you about your Fillr Product, so, we collect your email address when you register your Fillr Profile (if it’s given at that time), or when you first store it in your Fillr Profile. Your email is not linked to your unique user ID.
Other information we may obtain in respect of you, and link to your unique user ID, is:
(a) the type of mobile or desktop device you are using, the operating system and version and your mobile or desktop device token/identifier which are collected when you download and install a Fillr Product;
(b) your date of birth, gender, credit card type and personal title, each of which may be collected when those details are input into the relevant field in an online form; and
(c) any personal information you voluntarily disclose to us in the course of any contact or other interaction with us (for example, if you contact us with feedback or to seek technical assistance).
Obviously, the Fillr Product was born to interact with third party websites, so we may also collect some non-personal information about you when you visit those websites including (without limitation):
- clickstream data such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, the URL of the site you have come from and move to after your visit, data relating to your activities on third party websites (including IP addresses and URLs) via tracking technologies (such as cookies and measurement software), the date and time of your visit and your server's IP address;
- the geo-location of your device when you populate an online form using a Fillr Product; and
- the type of payment you use to transact with third parties (ie type of credit card or PayPal).
Further, in order to provide the fastest form filling experience possible, the Fillr Product scans every webpage viewed on a browser on which the Fillr Product is enabled to check if form fields are present. The Fillr Product will then send some metadata derived from the webpage to our servers in the format provided by the webpage. This metadata includes (amongst other things) the URL and the form fields detected on the webpage. The Fillr Product then prepares so that it can fill the form fields as fast as possible when you request the Fillr Product to do so.
We collect this information for statistical purposes to find out how our website and the Fillr Products are being used and navigated, including the number of hits, the frequency and duration of visits, most popular session times. We may use this information to evaluate and, hopefully, improve your experience with the Fillr Products and the products and services we may provide.
We do not ask for, or collect, sensitive information as defined under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act“), such as racial or ethnicity information, political opinions or associations, criminal records or health information. The Fillr Products are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger. Accordingly, it is not our policy to intentionally collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 13.
We will only collect personal information about you where it has been provided by you or by a third party with your consent (ie where you consent to us obtaining information from your Google account). When you give us information, we will assume that it is your own information or information which you have been authorized to provide to us.
When we collect any information about you, we will ensure such collection is fair and will comply with the law, and will not be intrusive.
Why we may need to collect, use or disclose your information
We need to collect information about you to the extent that it is reasonably necessary for the conduct of our business, which includes:
(a) to provide you with the services and functionality of the Fillr Products;
(b) to develop, promote and expand the Fillr Products, functionality and associated products and services; and
(c) to help you facilitate and troubleshoot the use of the Fillr Products on your devices and to use the Fillr Products to populate online forms and databases.
In most cases, we collect and record your information for the primary purpose of supplying you with the products and/or services provided by the Fillr Products. If we can’t collect the information we need, we may not be able to supply you with those products or services, or the products or services supplied may not be as great as what they should be. For example, we may use your information to:
- link your device to websites containing forms which you wish to populate using the Fillr Product;
- improve the accuracy, quality, relevance or level of services or functions provided by a Fillr Product, including to identify the websites through which you use a Fillr Product to enhance the functionality of the Fillr Product in respect of those websites;
- personalize and customize your service and experience with a Fillr Product or the websites of our service providers and business partners;
- contact you to conduct surveys, research and feedback about our products and services; and
- notify you about changes to our products and services or to provide you with information about offers, promotions, goods or services, which we believe may be of interest to you.
We may also use or disclose your information:
- for any other purpose that you may reasonably expect, such as technical support or to verify that you’ve complied with any terms and conditions that may apply to your use of a Fillr Product; or
- to avoid, lessen or prevent a serious emergency or crime (hopefully this is unlikely). If we use or disclose personal information about you in those circumstances we will make a written record of such use or disclosure.
We will not disclose information about you other than for the purposes outlined above, or for any other purpose authorized or required by law or any purpose which we have disclosed to you, or which you have authorized.
Some information submitted to us online (ie. via an email enquiry) may need to be processed by a third party (for example, an independent contractor providing customer support services). If you give us information in this manner, you’ll be taken to have given consent to us disclosing that information to that third party (who may be located overseas) but only for the purpose of enabling that third party to process that information.
Using Fillr with third party services
The Fillr Product does its best work when it’s working with third party services, for example:
- downloading the Fillr Product to your device from software and app stores, such as the iTunes App Store and Google Play Store;
- populating your Fillr Profile with your information from your Google account or new information you submit to an online form which isn’t already in your Fillr Profile;
- using the Fillr Product to populate third party’s online forms with information stored in your Fillr Profile.
Protecting your information
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the information we hold about you from misuse, loss and unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. However, by using a Fillr Product, you acknowledge that there is the possibility that, despite our efforts, circumstances may occur which are not reasonably foreseeable (and therefore, we are unable to prevent) which may result in the limited information linked to your unique user ID (not any other information stored in your Fillr Profile) being accessed without authority (for example, a breach of the AWS servers we use to store this limited information).
If your device is stolen (or lost), hacked into or you allow someone to use it without your supervision, others may be able to access and use your personal information stored within your Fillr Profile. To minimize the risk of this happening, we strongly recommend that you use our PIN protection function so that thieves or hackers can’t access your Fillr Profile to see your personal information, or use the Fillr Product to populate online forms on your device (unless they know your PIN or got very, very lucky).
You are responsible for protecting the PIN you select to access your Fillr Profile on your device in order to prevent unauthorized access to the information stored in your Fillr Profile on your device.
As your information in your Fillr Profile is stored on your device, we do not (and cannot) back it up for you. Therefore, we recommend that you back up your device regularly, or at least your Fillr Profile (ie to Dropbox), so that it can be quickly and easily restored if your device is stolen or lost.
Data access and correction
We are happy to give you access at any time to the personal information that we hold about you. To do so, please send a written request addressed to the Privacy Officer, Pop Tech Pty Limited, by mail at Studio 6 / 249-251 Chapel Street, Prahran, Victoria, 3181 or by using the ‘Contact Us' page on our website at www.fillr.com.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If your personal information is out of date or incorrect, you may inform us of this and we will happily correct it for you.
You may also request that we delete your personal information at any time. Any such requests should be made in the manner set out above. If you want us to delete your information, you’ll need to acknowledge that, if we delete your personal information, we may be unable to continue to supply you with the products or services you want from us.
A cookie is a piece of information that our web server may send to your computer or other electronic device when you visit our website. The cookie is stored on your device, but does not identify you or give us any information about your computer or other electronic device.
A cookie helps us to recognize you when you re-visit our website and to co-ordinate your access to different pages on the website. With most internet browsers, you can erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. If you want to do this, refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more.
We use analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of the Fillr Products on your devices and customize and improve the Fillr Product, and your experience with it. This software may record information such as how often you use the Fillr Product, the events that occur within the Fillr Product, aggregated usage, performance data, where the Fillr Product was downloaded from and various other clickstream data. Your non-personally identifiable information and clickstream data about your activities may be shared with any third party companies whose analytics software we use to help us with this. Our agreement with these companies restricts them from sharing this information with third parties or using it for any other purpose. Clickstream and demographic information may also be shared with our advertisers and business partners.
Transfer of information outside Australia
You expressly agree that we may transfer and store the information we collect about you on servers and equipment located anywhere outside Australia and, therefore, it may be subject to the privacy policies of other countries or third party providers. As mentioned above, this only applies to the information we collect about you, which is limited to the information we link to your unique user ID (described above) and NOT your information stored in your Fillr Profile.
Pop Tech Pty Ltd
Address: Studio 6 / 249-251 Chapel Street, Prahran, Victoria, 3181 AUSTRALIA